Atlas Obscura is part of the new Field Trip Mobile App
We are thrilled to announce that Atlas Obscura is part of the new Field Trip app from Niantic Labs at Google.
Designed to help you discover amazing things near you, the new app for Android includes the entire destination collection of Atlas Obscura, as well as other selected sources.
- Field Trip reveals new, unique, quirky, fun and even secret places near you.
- Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun.
- You can personalize Field Trip by selecting your interests (e.g. Architecture or History or Movie Locations)
- Field Trip pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk near points of interest.
- You can adjust the number of notifications Field Trip delivers to you. Field Trip launched on Android only, but an iPhone version is in the works.
Field Trip is live in the Android Play Store. Or better yet, join us THIS SATURDAY, September 29 for Field Trip Day in Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, San Francisco or New York and come exploring with us.