"I keep trying to understand the phenomenon of why adults are so literal when children are so imaginative. Toys are a caricature of reality." – Brian Sutton-Smith
Toys do much more than entertain. Toys have played an important role in raising children since prehistory.
Join the Denver Obscura Society and Misha Fraser, education specialist at the Denver Museum of Miniatures, for an in-depth exploration of how toys evolved to match changing beliefs about raising children as well as some of the curious, the weird, and the wonderful from the history of toys. Q&A to follow.
- Meet at the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys.
- Ticket includes a self-guided tour of the museum, complimentary drink, the presentation, and the Q&A. Please bring a valid 21+ ID if you will be drinking.
- This event is intended for an adult audience and may not be appropriate for ages below 13. Parental discretion is advised.
- ADA: the museum has a ramp entrance, the presentation will be on the first floor, and there are handrails in the restroom. Other floors of the museum may not be accessible. Please contact [email protected] for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Street parking available.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.