Join us at Knife&Tine for a holiday feast of Dickensian proportions!
Smoking Bishop... Wassail....Rum Flip... Port Negus...Egg-hot...Sherry Cobbler... The names of these cocktails alone conjure up a bygone era of cosy taverns, coaching inns, and Mr. Fezziwig's party. Drinks like this show up all over the works of Charles Dickens, and it’s hard to read some of those works without wishing you could be at that party - and getting really curious about what Burned Sherry or Mr. Micawber’s Punch tasted like. Well, here's your chance to find out!
Atlas Obscura and author Adam Selzer have teamed up with Knife&Tine to present DRINK LIKE THE DICKENS- a Dickensian feast the likes of which Chicago hasn’t seen since the days when the head of the table might have been filled by Charles’ own no-good brother (who lived on Clark). Mixologist Nicole Allen has recreated five delicious Dickens cocktails to be paired with a special Victorian-inspired menu by Chef Paul Caravelli.
- “Cheese On Toast” - Sharp Cheddar, Worcestershire, Yorkshire Whole Grain Mustard
- Whitebait Fritters - Malt Vinegar, “Tart Sauce”
- Mutton “Meat Pie” Empanadas
- Bangers and Mash - Caramelized Onion, British Bangers
- Colcannon Mash Goose Fat Fries - Foie Gras, Huckleberries
- Figgy Bread Pudding
- “Gruel” Shooters
- Specialty cocktails will include Dickensian classics such as the Port Nagus, Rocky Mountain Sneezer, Dog's Nose & Rum Flip!
Sunday, December 13; 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Tickets: $85 (All food and drink included)
1417 W. Fullerton Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60614