Join musician, publicist, and indie label mogul Lee Joseph for a tour of Los Angeles’ legendary Los Feliz Village.
Nestled between East Hollywood and Silver Lake, this tight-knit historic neighborhood is firmly entrenched in Los Angeles kitsch culture! Learn of the hotspots for lounge music, vintage clothing, lowbrow art, Tiki Culture and discover a barber shop that will make you feel like you are in a mid-century time warp. Stops on this tour include:
- The Dresden Room: Unchanged since the 60s, ground zero for authentic old-school Vegas-style retro lounge, and home of resident combo Marty and Elayne as featured in the movie “Swingers.”
- Sweeny Todd’s Barber Shop: The vintage 40s Mayberry style barbershop which focuses on precision shaves and haircuts in an old-fashioned space.
- Ozzie Dots: One of Los Angeles’ best vintage clothing and costume shops.
- Soap Plant / Wacko / La Luz de Jesus Gallery: The axis of Los Angeles Underground pop-culture, birthplace of the Lowbrow art scene and the most eccentric bookshop and gift-store in America
- Tiki Ti: One of the oldest Tiki bars in the world, family run for over 50 years and revered by Tiki aficionados for serving up the most unique Tiki Drinks in the country.
Lee has been immersed in retro-culture for decades and has personal ties to all the stops on this neighborhood exploration. As a bonus, each guest will be given a free digital compilation album from Lee’s retro-centric Dionysus Records label!
Atlas Obscura is thrilled to partner with Cartwheel Art Tours for this immersive, urban exploration. Cartwheel Art Tours eclectic team of knowledgeable and passionate district insiders are deeply connected to Los Angeles. Founder Cindy Schwarzstein lives and works in the Downtown Los Angeles Arts District and is involved with a diverse number of mural and community groups and serves on the board of the Los Angeles Artists and River Business Association (LARABA).
- Meet in front of The Dresden: 1760 N. Vermont Ave., Los Feliz, 90027.
- This is a fast-paced, 2-mile walking tour. Please dress for the weather.
- No public bathrooms until the end of the tour. Please come prepared.
- A signed liability waiver will be required from all confirmed attendees.
Contact Cindy Schwarzstein at [email protected].
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.
Check out our full lineup of amazing adventures taking place all around the world on Obscura Day, our annual celebration of discovery!
Use the #obscuraday hashtag on your favorite social media platforms to show us how you're celebrating. We'll be featuring your posts on our own platforms all day, and you could even win some Atlas Obscura prizes.