Murder, mystery, and mayhem... tales of fire, flood, water, electricity, and secret tunnels await you on this scavenger hunt of downtown Chicago! Be prepared to dash all about the city as you unravel the secrets of real disasters from Chicago's past, and learn about the true horrors that have taken place in the city's most populated spaces.
You'll be given a list of clues at the beginning of the hunt (none of which can be solved with a simple Google search). Fabulous prizes will be awarded to the person or team who finishes first. You'll end your adventure by meeting up with Field Agent Leyla I. Royale at a hidden location for a drink of your choice.
Not for the faint of heart, this scavenger hunt will reveal to you the everyday places where Chicagoans have (gruesomely) met their met their makers over the years. There are so many ways to die in Chicago—which ones will you discover?
- Ticket includes the scavenger hunt and one drink at the end of the event.
- Guests are encourage to participate in the hunt either solo or in pairs.
- You must be 21+ to be part of the hunt.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Leyla Royale by the Chase Plaza and the Marc Chagall Four Seasons mural to receive their instructions.
- Be ready to walk 2 miles.
- Wear shoes fit for an adventure and a cold weather outfit to match.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email [email protected].
About Field Agent Leyla I. Royale
Leyla I. Royale is an avid Chicago historian and jack of all trades. She is the creator of Chicago horror history site Dead In Chicago, which features daily updates on horrible happenings from the city's past. She works as a cellist for local and national Chicago musicians, is an employee and trapeze artist at Trapeze School New York in Chicago, has been a dedicated historic tour guide at The Chicago Theatre, and spends her Octobers working as a haunted tour guide and as an actor for Zombie Army Productions.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Illinois Obscura Society newsletter
Advance Tickets only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.