Brooklyn-based Atlas Obscura is looking for an experienced General Manager and travel professional to oversee the company's expanding Trips business. Our trips are unique, immersive, and intimate adventures into unusual regions, cuisines, and corners of history. The General Manager will report to the CEO and be responsible for defining, executing, and managing Atlas Obscura’s Trips strategy.
- Building a strategic plan for the continued expansion of Atlas Obscura Trips.
- Leading marketing and promotional efforts for Atlas Obscura Trips, both international and domestic.
- Improving trip planning and trip offerings.
- Managing relationships with travel partners.
- Overseeing foreign contract employees and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Handling technical, financial, and legal operations.
- Handling issues that arise on a trip.
- At least 5 years working in the travel and tourism industry, preferably in adventure travel.
- Management experience.
- Experience handling international operations, including crisis management.
- Entrepreneurial instincts, a hands-on attitude, a healthy sense of humor, and a passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of finding and exploring the coolest things on the planet.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. To apply, please email a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the role and qualifications to [email protected].