Atlas Obscura is seeking a hands-on, goal-oriented Associate Audience Development Manager to join our growing team in Brooklyn. This role offers the opportunity to contribute to Atlas Obscura’s growth by invigorating our social channels.
- Share responsibility for the daily production of Facebook and Instagram posts, tweets, and other social content.
- Serve as a liaison to our social communities and look for opportunities to create new ones.
- Work closely with the Editorial Team to share insights and make content recommendations that will supercharge audience growth and engagement.
- Maintain and identify potential relationships with social partners, including influencers and publishers.
- 1-3 years managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the competitive social media landscape and what makes content pop on major social platforms.
- Ability to write compelling, clean social copy.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite to create social graphics.
- Experience using social platform reporting tools, including Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics.
- Enthusiasm for aggressive KPI goals and willing to go the extra mile to achieve them.
- Entrepreneurial instincts, a hands-on attitude, a healthy sense of humor, and a passion for Atlas Obscura’s mission of finding and reporting on the coolest things on the planet.
To apply, please email your resume and a short cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the role to [email protected]. Want to really impress us? Go to the atlasobscura.com home page, pick your favorite story, and mock up posts for Facebook and Twitter and describe how you would use the content for Instagram.