Originally the Calvary Presbyterian Church, the building was dedicated in 1918.
It reached peak attendance at 1700 parishioners in 1939 before the congregation shrank due to changing neighborhood demographics in the '50s and '60s. Calvary Presbyterian finally moved its ministry to a new location in 1991.
The structure then became The Abundant Life Christian Center, then The Greater Faith for Deliverance Church, before being damaged by fire and abandoned in 2009. Scrappers have since looted the structure heavily.