The oldest in Europe, the wind turbine at Rębielice Królewskie was built in 1932.
Designed by Józef Antos, the turbine has a rotor that is 18 meters in diameter situated on a steel tower that is 32 meters tall. It delivers 35 kilowatts of power with a wind speed of 2 meters/second and up to 2000 kilowatts of power when the wind speed increases to 14 meters/second.
The village of Rębielice Królewskie is in the administrative district of Gmina Popów in southern Poland. The regional capital of Katowice, the village has a population of less than 1,000.