Craft brewing has rocketed from garage hobby to multi-billion-dollar industry and the Seattle area has been an epicenter of its growth. Atlas Obscura Society Seattle and Field Agent Brenden Monroe give a nod to this grassroots spirit by partnering with you to create a one-of-a-kind "Obscura Brew." Together, we’ll collaborate on creating a unique style and flavor profile, allowing you to participate in every step of the brewing process.
Gallaghers’ Where-U-Brew has been a brew pub since the 1990s. Located north of Seattle, Gallaghers' focuses on encouraging guests to experiment with their own recipes. During this two-hour program, staff will offer a tour of the brewery, including the fermentation and cold rooms. We’ll learn about the history of beer and brewing, while also exploring some of the reasons why our region has been such a mecca for craft brewing. We will then return about two weeks later for a bottling session.
Embrace the DIY spirit of the PNW and help us craft a batch as interesting and unique as Atlas Obscura.
- This event is 21+. ID required.
- Ticket price includes a six-pack that will be claimed upon the bottling session. Bottles will feature a commemorative Atlas Obscura label. (If you are unable to meet again for the bottling session, arrangements can be made to make sure you still receive your six pack)
- Beer/wine/cider can be purchased during the brewing event from the bar.
- Ample parking available in lot surrounding building.
- A food truck will also be present on site for food purchases.
- Field Agent Brenden Monroe will organize and coordinate the bottling session, once the brew is ready.
This event is part of a series of Chase Sapphire Selected experiences. Questions or concerns about this experience? Email SapphireQuestions@AtlasObscura
Advance ticket sales only. All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.