Edgewater, located between Uptown and Roger’s Park on Chicago’s north side, certainly doesn't scream suburban nowadays. You may be surprised to learn that this neighborhood was originally part of the town of Lake View, before it was incorporated into the city in 1889. Edgewater was first created as a planned suburb for the middle and upper class. Despite currently appearing very urban, if you look closely you can still see Edgewater's suburban roots—and how its original design still affects the neighborhood over 100 years after its birth.
On this scavenger hunt, you’ll be searching for the history of early Edgewater. Ten locations will be hinted at in clues provided, and you’ll visit both well known and surprising historic sites. To win the hunt, you’ll need to be the first one to find all the right answers and to reach the final secret location at a local bar. If you don’t make it back first, that’s OK—we’ll still buy your first drink!
- Ticket includes scavenger hunt and one drink ticket per participant for those 21+.
- Participants should meet Field Agent Leyla Royale in front of the Broadway Armory, 5917 N. Broadway Avenue.
- The hunt is designed for groups of 1 or 2, but you're welcome to participate in any group size you like.
- This event goes on rain or shine.
- Be ready to walk 2 miles.
- Wear shoes fit for an adventure and weather-appropriate clothing.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Leyla Royale at email@example.com
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter