Disney's California Adventure has to be Disney’s strangest park. Completed in 2001, it is a themed re-creation of real places in California (many of which tourists likely visited on their vacation), as well as elaborate lands dedicated to Pixar films (and very soon Marvel). Examining the aspects of California life Disney has chosen to emphasize (and especially those they’ve chosen to omit), the park presents a unique vision of the Golden State.
Join Atlas Obscura Field Agent Adam Papagan as we uncover the paradoxes of Disney’s California Adventure. During this tour we'll follow the history of the park from its original inspiration as a revamped Knott's Berry Farm, to its disastrous first years, and its current role as the un-official VIP Lounge for Annual Passport Holders.
Part history lesson, part fan meet-up, and part art critique. California, here we come!
- Ticket does NOT include price of admission to California Adventure Park. Tickets to California Adventure Park must be purchased in advance. This is not a $40 ticket to the park.
- This event is a fan meet-up and is NOT an official Disneyland event.
- Exact meet-up location is sent with the ticket confirmation a few days before the event. Please allow plenty of extra time for parking and entrance lines.
- This tour will take place inside California Adventure Park ONLY and does not cover Disneyland Park.
- Our tour lasts a little over an hour, but we encourage you to spend the day at California Adventure Park.
- Reservations cannot be modified (the time on your ticket is the time of your tour).
- Rain or Shine
- Please ask any questions before purchasing tickets.
About Adam Papagan
Adam Papagan is an artist, comedian, and talk show host from Los Angeles, California. His past projects include immersive video installations, collaborations with outsider musician David Liebe Hart, and a tour of the sites made famous by the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial. He also a host of The ASMR Talk Show.
Email Adam Papagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.