They’re quick, they’re clever, they’re masters of disguise, and every year public radio program Science Friday dedicates a week to celebrating them. Cephalopod Week, Science Friday’s annual celebration of some of the smartest, most interesting invertebrates on Earth, is back and, for the first time, in the nation's capital! And we are teaming up to make it a total cephalo-party!
While sipping a special cephalopod-themed cocktail made especially for the evening, enjoy screenings, discussion, and a chance to ask the experts anything you want to know about these amazing, adaptive, and sometimes creepy creature.
- This is a family-friendly event!
- IDs will be checked at the door for those who want to engage in libations. Those under 21 are welcome but must be accompanied by someone of age and "X"s on the hand will be used to designate those who are below the drinking age.
- This venue is a mix of seating and standing. Please arrive early if you would like a seat.
- We recommend taking public transportation. Smith Public Trust is a five-minute walk from the Brookland Metro stop on the red line.
- For those who are driving, there's street parking in the neighborhoods but it can be difficult to find a spot.
Contact Matt Blitz at email@example.com.
Add wonder to your inbox! Sign up for Atlas Obscura newsletters and join our Atlas Obscura Society D.C. Facebook group to discover unexpected stories, amazing places, and remarkable events and trips around the world.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.