Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the International Church of Cannabis and learn about the history of the church and its unique murals. The church opened this past spring on April 20 (naturally) and is the only existing congregation for Elevationism in the United States. You'll learn about the legal issues surrounding this unique religion, in which adherents “use the sacred flower to reveal the best version of self, discover a creative voice and enrich their community with the fruits of that creativity.”
Following the tour, grab a seat in the sanctuary and enjoy a special screening of Reefer Madness. Originally made as Tell Your Children (and sometimes titled as The Burning Question, Dope Addict, Doped Youth, and Love Madness), Reefer Madness is a 1936 American propaganda film that enjoyed a revival in the early 1970s. A cautionary tale about the dangers of marijuana consumption and addiction, the film found new popularity as an unintentional satire among advocates of cannabis policy reform.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before event start time to check in.
- Food and drink available for purchase. No consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants please.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- This event is intended for an adult audience and may not be appropriate for ages below 13. Parental discretion is advised.
- ADA: The venues may not be accessible for all guests. Please contact email@example.com for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Parking lot adjacent to building and street parking available.
Email James O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.