Join Atlas Obscura Society Los Angeles for an exclusive nighttime historical tour of the reinvigorated Clifton's Cafeteria. Within the walls of the former Clifton's Brookdale lies worlds of history, fantasy, escapism and much, much more.
The inspiring characters who’ve graced this Los Angeles landmark brought enrichment and a sense of community to the city. Established in 1935, this landmark eatery has stood the test of time—as a bastion of escapism, inspiration, and comfort food for countless Angelenos. Following extensive renovations, it's now known as Clifton's Republic and currently operated by its proprietor, Andrew Meieran.
Our expert guide will be historian Kahlil Nelson, founder of the Clifton's Living History Tour, which he has led nearly every Saturday afternoon since 2016. On this exclusive tour for Atlas Obscura, he'll give you an insider’s look at some of the most iconic features of the one and only “forest oasis in an urban jungle.”
Clifton’s Dress Code is enforced on Friday nights. They ask that you please refrain from wearing athletic wear of any kind (including backpacks, shorts, jerseys, hoodies, ball caps), flip-flops, sandals, tennis shoes or athletic shoes, t-shirts, collarless shirts or torn or baggy jeans.
- Admission includes 1 specialty cocktail designed specifically for Atlas Obscura!
- All attendees must be age 21 or over and present valid ID.
- Do not come hungry! The food-service "cafeteria" area is currently closed for renovation, so no food will be available for purchase.
- Prepare for about 2 hours of standing and walking, including climbing about four flights of stairs. An elevator is available for ADA accessibility.
- Parking is available for a fee in a nearby structure. Street parking is limited. Rideshare is encouraged.
- Bring your camera! Photography is encouraged. Tag @atlasobscura @cliftonsrepublic cliftons_living_history_tour
Email Field Agent Sandi Hemmerlein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.