Join Chicago horror historian Leyla Royale for a tour of some of the most surprising ways locals have died and learn about how some of these deaths have shaped modern safety laws.
In the days of heavy construction, few building codes, and lackadaisical attitudes towards safety, many people met gory ends where today we shop and work in our happy lives. Not for the faint of heart, this tour involves sad stories and bloody details.
- The event will run rain or shine.
- Meet by the Heald Square monument right by the Chicago River, in view of the Marina Towers.
- Must be age of 17+ to hear theses stories.
- Wear your walking shoes; this tour covers about 1.5 miles through the city.
- Accessibility is limited; the tour runs over the streets of Chicago.
Public transit is encouraged; parking in downtown Chicago is available but very expensive. The Heald Square monument is located just north of the Loop, by all the CTA train lines.
Email Leyla Royale at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter