Over the last 200 years, many of the occupants of Tudor Place have passed from the mortal realm within the walls of this historic Georgetown house.
Just in time for Halloween, join curator Grant Quertermous as we learn about when death came to Tudor Place and how centuries-old traditions around mourning were observed. Follow Grant as he tells the tales of funerals, morbid mourning, and untimely deaths that affected everyday life at Tudor Place.
Rarely-seen objects—including delicate hairwork mourning-jewelry memorializing George Washington—will be highlighted.
- There will be a considerable amount of walking on this tour, some of which will be outside. Please dress for the weather.
- This ticket includes admission to Tudor Place but it's a specialized tour. For a regular guided tour, click here.
- Tudor Place is accessible via DC Metro Bus, DC Circulator and walking distance from Metro train. For more information in regards to particular lines, follow this link.
- Free 2-hour street parking available on 31st street.
- When arriving, enter through the main gates at 1644 31st Street
Contact Matt Blitz at email@example.com
Add wonder to your inbox! Sign up for Atlas Obscura newsletters to discover unexpected stories, amazing places, and remarkable events and trips around the world.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.