Somehow Chicago misplaced all records of 1893, the year legendary for hosting the World's Columbian Exposition. It’s now up to some brave and devoted Atlas Obscura Society mischief makers to hunt them down.
For this mission, grab a friend and take on the task as a two-person team, or test your mettle solo—either way, this epic hunt promises to send you scavenging among Chicago’s most lavish Loop buildings. Along the way, you'll discover the trials, triumphs, and tribulations of the city's historic 1893. Remember to charge your cell phones; though the answers can't be found with a simple Google search, you'll likely need some internet assistance in deciphering the clues.
The final stop will land you in a super swanky and top-secret location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson (and your competitors) for a drink. Our winner receives a special prize—and losers, we’ll still buy your first drink.
- Early bird tickets (purchased before April 12) are $30 per player, or $58 for a duo ticket.
- Regular tickets (after April 12) are $35 per player, $68 for a duo ticket.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson on the outdoor front steps of the Art Institute (near the lions) to receive their instructions.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk about 2 miles.
- Wear shoes fit for an adventure and an outdoor outfit to match.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter