Goats, horses, cows, pigs, sheep, ducks, turkeys, and dogs roam free at The Sanctuary at Soledad Goats, an animal rescue in the southwestern corner of the Mojave Desert. A little more than a year ago, Soledad Goats had 450 animals milking simultaneously to produce some to finest goat cheese products around. Today, those goats are retired and the cheese has gone vegan.
Join Field Agent Benjamin Harmon as we explore The Sanctuary at Soledad Goats with owners Carol and Julian Pearce. Find out why they made the switch to vegan, get up-close-and-personal with their menagerie of non-human residents, and taste their signature vegan goat cheese (which recently placed 3rd nationally) and chocolate. In addition to the food items they produce they also sell handmade soaps and candles, so be sure to bring some extra cash.
Post-tour exploring! Make a day of it and check out some of the AMAZING places in this area such as Vasquez Rocks, Ruins at Llano Del Rio, Civic Musical Road, Antelope Valley Indian Museum, Charlie Brown Farms (great lunch spot!), and California City: The Unbuilt Suburb. ALSO! Secret coordinates to nearby signs of the San Andreas Fault will be sent to confirmed ticket buyers. Seismic wonders await!
**Second tour added from 2:30 to 4:30**
- A signed liability waiver is required from all attendees (including minors).
- Ages 8 and up, all minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that this takes place in Mojave, approximately 100 miles north of Downtown LA.
- This event is weather dependent and may be rescheduled because of severe weather or other emergency conditions that make the area unsafe for you (and the animals).
- Wear closed toed shoes, long pants, and other clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
- Photos are encouraged, so be sure to bring your camera! #atlasobscura
- A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to The Sanctuary.
Questions? Email benjamin.harmon@
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.