Nocturne Lounge will set the mood as we explore the history that helped jazz flourish in Denver's most historic African-American neighborhood. Terry Nelson, the special collection and community resource manager for the Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library, will speak on the past and present state of jazz in Five Points. Terry is a local expert on the Five Points area and works to share the stories of this community. Her contributions have been widely recognized throughout the Denver Metro. While learning about this historic area, we will enjoy cocktails from Nocturne Lounge that are reminiscent of the era and a live tutorial on different styles of jazz.
- Ticket includes (1) drink. Please bring a valid 21+ ID if you will be drinking alcohol. Additional drinks available for purchase.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for check in.
- This event is intended for an adult audience.
- ADA: please contact email@example.com with accessibility questions.
- Meter parking and parking garages are available. Please arrive early to find parking.
Email James O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.