In 1907, the opening of DC's opulent Union Station energized the city and forever changed how Washingtonians traveled.
Over a century later, the station still buzzes with travelers, trains, and history. Join the Atlas Obscura Society DC in partnership with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and Union Station Redevelopment Corporation as we discover the secrets of this DC Daniel Burnham masterpiece.
While climbing up steps and going through doors to adventure into areas where the public is not normally granted access, we'll also learn what's being done to preserve this venerable hub of DC transportation for years to come.
- This tour will be about 1.5-hours long and will consist of a considerable amount of walking.
- We recommend taking public transportation. The DC Metro red line stops at Union Station.
- For those who are driving, we can offer free parking vouchers for those who park in the Union Station parking garage.
- We will meet in front of the Starbucks in the Main Hall.
- This is a family-friendly event!
Contact Matt at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the DC Obscura Society newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.