Toward the end of World War II, the search for the atomic bomb was not the only secret experiment being conducted by the U.S. Navy. In the Fall of 1943, the U.S. Navy destroyer the USS Eldridge was rumored to have been rendered "invisible" to enemy devices at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
Ever since these mysterious events the Philadelphia Experiment has been the subject of documentaries, debates, and denials.
Hidden City Philadelphia and Atlas Obscura invite you to come to your own conclusions as we gain exclusive access to hidden areas of the Navy Yard and experience an in-depth presentation on the Philadelphia Experiment. This event is hosted by PIDC.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking and climbing.
- We will meet at the corner of 11th and Normandy at the Navy Yard
- Please bring your own flashlight.
- Participants will need to follow the guide closely at all times to maintain safe conditions.
- Participants are able to take photos.
Email Ryan at ryan@.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Philly newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.