Join Atlas Obscura Society Denver and the Museum of Boulder as we explore why Boulder had one of the longest unbroken prohibitions against alcohol in the U.S. We'll hear about the stills that were captured, the bootleggers who were busted, and why Boulder prohibited alcohol for an incredible 60 years. Next, we'll taste some homebrew samples as we learn about how Boulder transformed from teetotaler to home brew heavy hitter.
Finally, we'll learn about the home brewing immersion in Boulder before finally heading to License No. 1, the first bar to receive a formal liquor license when Boulder's love affair with prohibition went bust.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before event start time to check in.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- This event is intended for an adult audience and may not be appropriate for ages below 13. Parental discretion is advised.
- ADA: The venues may not be accessible for all guests. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Parking lot adjacent to building and street parking available.
- Attendees should be able to stand and walk without seating for some of the tour.
Email James O'Neill at email@example.com.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.