Join Atlas Obscura and the League of Kitchens for a culinary and cultural adventure in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The League of Kitchens is an immersive culinary adventure in NYC where immigrants teach intimate cooking workshops.
Jeannette puts incredible care and detail into her cooking, as you will see when you work with her. You'll prepare a spread of Lebanese food, including smoky, garlicky baba ganoush, mujaddara porridge, and salatet malfoof, a bright and tangy cabbage salad. For a sweet, you'll learn to make maamoul, a beautiful and festive semolina shortbread cookie, perfumed with rose water, orange blossom water, and mahlab, and filled with walnuts and pistachios.
- Dishes prepared will all be vegetarian.
- Ticket price includes all food.
- Ticket options are for the shopping tour ($75) or cooking class ($175).
- Location: Jeanette's Kitchen in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Address will be shared before the event.
- Transportation: About a 5 min. walk from the 77th Street R stop.
- Accessibility: First floor walk-up / one flight of stairs.
Stay connected! Subscribe to Atlas Obscura's New York Obscura Society newsletter