Designed in 1926 by Gothic architect Charles A. Smith, the Tower of Memories mausoleum rises high above the Olinger Crown Hill Cemetery. Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of the newly renovated mausoleum and learn about the unique considerations that must be taken into place when updating a historic building, especially when said building is the final resting place for many.
After the mausoleum tour, we’ll venture over to Olinger Crown Hill Mortuary’s onsite crematory and get the inside scoop on this alternative after-death option.
Finally, we’ll speak with funeral director Shannon Martin about how funerals are prepared and managed.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before event start time to check in.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- This event is intended for an adult audience and may not be appropriate for ages below 13. Parental discretion is advised.
- ADA: This venue may not be accessible for all guests. Please contact email@example.com for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Parking lot adjacent to building and street parking available.
- Attendees should be able to stand and walk without seating for the majority of the tour.
Email James O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.