Atlas Obscura challenges movie buffs and film fanatics to take on the challenge of our star-studded scavenger hunt! Using the power of deduction—and some shrewd, cinematic sleuthing—you and a friend will discover the historic locations of some of Chicago's most famous productions while learning a little about the city's architecture along the way.
Take on the tasks as a two-person team, or test your mettle solo. Either way, this epic hunt promises to put your pop-culture knowledge to the test as you learn to see the city through the eyes of a movie location scout.
Don’t forget to charge your phone! Our well-crafted clues can’t be solved with a simple Google search, but you’re likely to need some internet assistance to help you find the answers you need. The final stop will land you in a mystery location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson and local director Hayward Suggs for a drink. Our winning team receives a special prize—losers, we’ll buy your first beverage.
Early bird tickets are $30 for a single player and $58 for a duo, available for a limited time. General admission tickets will be $35 per player, or a duo ticket can be purchased for $68.
Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
Hunters should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson by the Lions in front of the Art Institute of Chicago to receive their routes.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- You must be 18+ to be part of the hunt.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk around two miles. Wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring your fully charged smart phone for the hunt! While you won't be able to Google every answer, your phone will help you solve the clues.
- Limited ADA access: This hunt mostly takes place on Chicago city streets, but will require groups to enter some historic buildings that have limited ADA access.
This event is part of a series of Chase Sapphire Selected experiences. Questions or concerns about this experience? Email SapphireQuestions@AtlasObscura.com for help.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Chicago Obscura Society newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.