Atlas Obscura challenges movie buffs and film fanatics to take on the challenge of our star-studded scavenger hunt! Using the power of deduction—and some shrewd, cinematic sleuthing—you and a friend will discover the historic locations of some of Chicago's most famous productions while learning a little about the city's architecture along the way.
Take on the tasks as a two-person team, or test your mettle solo. Either way, this epic hunt promises to put your pop-culture knowledge to the test as you learn to see the city through the eyes of a movie location scout.
Don’t forget to charge your phone! Our well-crafted clues can’t be solved with a simple Google search, but you’re likely to need some internet assistance to help you find the answers. The final stop will land you in a mystery location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson and local director Hayward Suggs for a drink. Our winning team receives a special prize—losers, we’ll buy your first beverage.
- Early bird tickets (purchased before May 17) are $30 per player, or $58 for a duo ticket.
- Regular tickets (after May 17) are $35 per player, $68 for a duo ticket.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson on the outdoor front steps of the Art Institute (near the lions) to receive their instructions.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- You must be 18+ to be part of the hunt, and 21+ to drink.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk around two miles. Wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring your fully charged smart phone for the hunt!
- Limited ADA access: This hunt mostly takes place on Chicago city streets, but will require groups to enter some historic buildings that have limited ADA access.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Chicago Obscura Society newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.