Atlas Obscura challenges movie buffs and film fanatics to take on our newest "Google-proof" scavenger hunt! Using the power of deduction—and some shrewd, cinematic sleuthing—you and a friend will discover the historic locations of some of Chicago's most famous productions while learning a little about the city's architecture along the way.
Take on on the tasks as a two-person team, or test your mettle solo. Either way, this epic hunt promises to put your pop culture knowledge to the test as you learn to see the city through the eyes of a location scout.
Don’t forget to charge your phone! Our well-crafted clues can’t be solved with a simple Google search, but you’re likely to need some internet assistance to help you find the answers you need. The final stop will land you in a mystery location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson and local director Hayward Suggs for a drink. Our winning team receives a special prize—losers, we’ll buy your first beverage.
- Tickets can be purchased for $35 per player, or a duo ticket can be purchased for $68.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson by the Lions in front of the Art Institute of Chicago to receive their directions.
- You must be 18+ to be part of the hunt.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk 2 miles.
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring your fully charged smart phone for the hunt; while you can't Google every answer, your phone will help with clues.
- Limited ADA access; the hunt takes place entirely on the streets of downtown Chicago.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.