For anyone who has ever felt compelled to discover what lies just behind that locked door, this night is for you. Join us to learn about the competitive world of locksport, an abbreviated history of seminal moments in lock picking, and—of course—how to get started picking your own. Our expert will demonstrate his impressive skill set while sharing the tricks of the trade, and attendees will leave with their own pick set and transparent lock for practice.
In keeping with the ethics of locksport, we ask that whatever lock picking skills you do acquire from this workshop, you use for good not bad, and that you never pick a working lock.
By the end of this workshop, attendees will:
- Learn how to pick basic locks through instruction and hands-on practice.
- Gain experience on more advanced locks using our expert's own diverse lock library.
- Acquire their very own lock-picking set to take home and continue practicing on.
- Develop an understanding of the history, design and functionality of the most common locks in North America: Pin Tumblers, Wafers, and Disc Detainers.
- Earn a new appreciation for the long history of security engineering.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before event start time to check in. Follow the signs to the "grotto" where the event will be held.
- Event will run rain or shine.
- This event is intended for an adult audience and may not be appropriate for ages below 13. Parental discretion is advised.
- ADA: This venue is an old home and may not be accessible for all guests. The location involves negotiating at least one flight of stairs.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional accessibility information/questions.
- Parking lot adjacent to building and street parking available.
Email James O'Neill at james.oneill@.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.