Wicker Park is one of Chicago’s most iconic neighborhoods, but lately its historic grandeur has been overshadowed by a new, party-girl reputation. This no doubt makes an unhappy ghost of Charles Wicker, the 19th-century alderman for whom the neighborhood is named , so it’s up to you—our dedicated team of mischief-makers—to rediscover the history of Wicker Park and put his soul at rest.
Grab a friend and take on this history-steeped mission as a two-person team or test your mettle solo. Either way, this epic hunt promises to send you scavenging all throughout Chicago’s First Ward. And don’t forget to charge your phone; although these clues can’t be solved with a simple Google search, you’re likely to need some internet assistance to find the answers you seek. The final stop will land you in a super swanky and top secret location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson (and your competitors) for a drink. Our winner receives a special prize—and for the losers, we’ll still buy your first drink.
- Early bird tickets (purchased before June 7) are $30 per player, or $58 for a duo ticket.
- Regular tickets (after June 7) are $35 per player, $68 for a duo ticket.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- Scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson on the corner of Wicker Park Avenue and Honore Street to receive their instructions.
- This event happens rain or shine!
- Be ready to walk about 2 miles.
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.