Wicker Park is one of Chicago’s most iconic neighborhoods, but lately, its history seems to be getting lost beneath a party-girl reputation.
For better or for worse, the ghost of dearly departed alderman Charles Wicker appears to have taken up haunting Atlas Obscura’s headquarters until this travesty is resolved. It’s up to you—our dedicated team of mischief-makers—to rediscover the history of Wicker Park and put Charles Wicker’s ghost to rest.
Grab a friend and take on this history-steeped mission as a two-person team or test your mettle solo. Either way, this epic hunt promises to send you scavenging all throughout Chicago’s First Ward. And don’t forget to charge your phone; although these clues can’t be solved with a simple Google search, you’re likely to need some internet assistance to find the answers you seek. The final stop will land you in a super swanky and top secret location, where you can expect to join Field Agent Patti Swanson (and your competitors) for a drink. Our winner receives a special prize—and for the losers, we’ll still buy your first drink.
- Tickets can be purchased for $35 per player, or a duo ticket can be purchased for $68.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- Shrewd scavengers should meet Field Agent Patti Swanson on the corner of Wicker Park Avenue and Honore Street to receive their instructions.
- This event goes on rain or shine!
- Be ready to walk 2.3 miles.
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Patti Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.