Once a terminus for the CTA, this antithesis of downtown has a notorious history as a hangout for gangsters, entertainers, and even as a quiet respite for the everyday Chicagoan. If you've ever been interested in learning about the Uptown neighborhood, this is the scavenger hunt for you!
In this game, you'll work independently or as a pair to track down the hidden history behind local landmarks and even find new places you didn't know existed. You'll be competing against other players in the game, and the first group to finish will be awarded a fabulous prize. Everyone else—you'll walk away with knowledge of the neighborhood and a consolation drink of your choice at the final location.
- Tickets can be purchased for $35 per player, or a duo ticket can be purchased for $68.
- Ticket includes hunt and one drink ticket per participant for participants 21+.
- Participants should meet Field Agent Leyla Royale under the marquee of the Uptown Theatre, 4816 N. Broadway. She'll be the one with the look of someone looking for someone. Though the meeting point is under the Uptown marquee, this scavenger hunt will (unfortunately) not lead you inside the Uptown Theatre.
- The hunt can be done either solo or in groups of two.
- This event goes on rain, shine, or snow!
- Be ready to walk 2 miles.
- Wear shoes fit for an adventure and weather appropriate clothing.
- Limited ADA access.
- The ticket is non-refundable, but you can transfer your purchase by following this handy Eventbrite tutorial.
Email Leyla Royale at email@example.com
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Chicago newsletter