Diving towards their prey at speeds reaching 280 miles per hour, the Peregrine falcon is the fastest living creature on earth.
Meet Falcon Force, a team of raptors lead by Vahe' Alaverdian who provide traditional falconry services to control nuisance birds at vineyards, crop fields, airports, and landfills. Vahe' is a Master falconer with 30 years of experience handling and training birds of prey.
Join Obscura Society LA for an up close encounter with Vahe’s majestic birds. Beginning at dawn, while the air is cool enough for the birds to fly, Vahe’ will perform a flight demonstration, showing off the birds’ skills, while telling stories from the field, discussing the ancient art of falconry, and explaining the practical use of raptors for bird abatement.
For more information about Vahe', his birds, and their falconry services, visit Falcon Force, LLC.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the LA Obscura Society newsletter and be the first to find out about upcoming events.
Notes for this adventure:
- If you’d like to sit during the demonstration and lecture, you’re more than welcome to bring camping or folding chairs.
- The flight field is on a dirt road. The road condition is good, however, cars with low clearance can park on the street and walk in half a mile to the event.
- Carpooling is highly encouraged.
- Primitive restroom facilities will be available.
- Cell phone service may be limited.
- Bring water and sunscreen. There is no drinking water at the flight field.
- The exact location of the flight field will be emailed to attendees closer to the date.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance tickets only. All sales are final.