As spring day turns into spring night, the immaculate Box Knot Garden at this National Historic Landmark will come alive with music, drinks, and merriment for an exclusive Atlas Obscura twilight garden bash!
Six generations of the Peter Family—from founders Thomas and Martha (George Washington's step grand daughter) to their great-great-great grandson, Armistead Peter III—shaped this beautiful five and half acre estate. Trees and shrubs that were planted over two hundred years ago still grow on the site today!
Join Atlas Obscura for an evening at Tudor Place that will include self-guided garden tours under the moonlight, music from the Nicole Saphos Trio, libations, and a chance to make your very own tea from the garden's herbs & flowers.
Location: Tudor Place Historic House and Garden, 1644 31st Street Northwest
Time: 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Notes for this adventure:
- This event is 21 & over.
- Ticket price includes two drink tickets and a cash bar will be available.
- This event will take place in the gardens and will not include house tours, but come back in the daylight to see the house!
- Tudor Place is accessible via DC Metro Bus, DC Circulator and walking distance from Metro train. For more information in regards to particular lines, follow this link.
- Free two hour street parking is available on 31st street.
- When arriving, enter through the main gates at 1644 31st Street and follow signs to the event.
- Share photos on Twitter and Instagram with us @atlasobscura, @tudor_place (Instagram), @TudorPlace (Twitter) and with the hashtags #ObscuraDay, #tudorplace & #TP200
All ticket sales are final. Please direct any questions or concerns to Matt Blitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.