Founded in 1996 by Terry Cummings and Dave Hoerauf, Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary is a 400 acre non-profit dedicated to the care of deserted and mistreated farm animals and wildlife. The sanctuary has over 200 rescued animals including horses, mules, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, rabbits, turkeys and a peacock.
Join Obscura Society DC and field agent Julie Seigel for an exclusive tour of Poplar Spring, where guests will visit and interact with these adorable creatures; from Bella the Lionhead Rabbit to Rupert the Goose, each animal has a story to tell. The tour will conclude with a picnic of vegan treats supplied by Sticky Fingers Sweets and Eats. Be careful, you may make a new friend or two!
Notes for this adventure:
- The ticket price includes a substantial donation to the Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary.
- The refuge is accessible by car only.
- Since this is an active animal sanctuary, please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty and comfortable shoes - there could be mud!
- Please arrive earlier than 12 PM for sign-in and use of facilities before the tour. Be mindful that there's only one Port-A-John and a hand-washing area available on site.
- Due to the mission of the sanctuary, only vegan food is allowed on the premises. In addition, kindly do not leave food unattended for it will attract our goat friends.
- This is a family-friendly adventure!
- Further instructions will be sent to all ticket holders the week of our adventure.
All ticket sales are final. Please direct any questions or concerns to Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.