Journey deep into The Valley with Field Agent Benjamin Harmon. Indulge in coin-operated amusement at Royce’s Arcade Warehouse and explore a curious collection of artifacts at the Valley Relics Museum.
Valley Relics Museum: The day will kick off with a guided tour through a treasure trove of So Cal history and artifacts at the Valley Relics Museum in Chatsworth. The museum’s founder and curator, Tommy Gelinas (a lifetime Valley resident), will lead us back in time through his large collection, showcasing everything from antique neon signs to old school bmx bikes. Be sure to bring some cash as the gift shop sells rad reprinted vintage t-shirts.
Royce’s Arcade Warehouse: After leaving the museum, we'll walk over to Royce’s Arcade Warehouse, which focuses on revitalizing vintage arcade games from the late 70’s and 80’s. Founder and owner, Royce, will give us a brief history and tour of his amazing collection of rare and vintage arcade games, including Frogger, which is much like dodging traffic in LA. Afterwards, we will all have the opportunity to play the games for a full hour. Brush up on those mad Ms. Pacman skills!
Notes for this adventure:
- Family-friendly! All ages welcome.
- Directions and parking instructions will be sent out prior to the tour date.
- Chatsworth is approximately 40 miles from DTLA. Please allow plenty of travel time.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for at least one hour of standing and walking at each location.
- You will need to be able to walk or drive from one site to the next; the two events are only a half-mile apart, so walking will be a breeze.
- RAIN OR SHINE! This event will take place rain or shine. If it's raining, please be prepared with an umbrella and appropriate footwear and clothing.
- Bring your cameras and share your photos with us! #atlasobscura
- Super cool vintage t-shirts and other items will be available for purchase, so clean out under those couch cushions.
- Plenty of free parking in the lot or on the adjacent streets.
Advance tickets only. All sales are final.