Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final.
Tio's Tacos: One of our favorite commercial curiosities, this unique taqueria is a folk art wonderland. Martin Sanchez, the owner and artist has elevated recycling to creative heights–both literal and figurative. He has created pyramids, whimsical fountains, and a series of giant wire figures filled with shells, shoes, toys, and other items. We will dine in their private back patio and explore the grounds.
The Mission Inn: Secret passageways, castle towers, minarets, catacombs, a five-story rotunda, flying buttresses, Mediterranean domes, and a sky-bridge are just a few fantastic features of this architectural oddity. Construction began in 1876 by civil engineer Christopher Columbus Miller and was continued by his son Frank Ausustus Miller until 1935. Today, it is a vast and intricate complex, occupying an entire city block. Discover countless hidden treasures during our private, guided tour.
Women of the New Contemporary: Mural painting, artist talk, and opening reception for the exhibition Women of the New Contemporary at Brandstater Art Gallery, La Sierra University.
Artist Talk and Opening Reception: Curated by Torrey Cook, founder/owner of Artists Republic Gallery, this exhibition is an exploration of women in the New Contemporary Art movement. Meet many of the artists who are exhibiting and hear their perspectives during an artist talk before the opening reception. For more details about the artists exhibiting visit Cartwheel Art Tours.
Notes for this adventure:
- We will be traveling together in a chartered bus. No carpooling or caravanning allowed. This is an all-day event, and there are no late arrivals or early departures. The tour will begin and end in the Arts District at the Urban Radish: 661 Imperial St, Los Angeles, CA 90021
- There are no restrooms on the bus! We suggest stopping at the Urban Radish to grab a snack and use the restroom before boarding.
- Plenty of street parking on Imperial St, please read signs carefully and park at your own discretion. Do NOT park in Urban Radish's lot.
- There are no refunds for people who miss the bus and we are not able to wait for those who arrive late. Plan your route ahead of time to assure on-time arrival.
- We will stop for a no-host lunch (everyone pays for themselves) at Tio's Tacos. They have reserved a table for us in the back patio and are aware that guests will be paying individually. They will be adding 18% gratuity charge to your bill. You may brown bag your own lunch, but please no eating on the bus.
- Comfortable shoes recommended for the walking component that is at the Mission Inn.
- Ages 12 and up. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our return time is estimated and subject to change based on traffic, weather, and other variables.
- A signed liability waiver will be required from all confirmed attendees.