Experience flying a trained bird of prey at the scenic Torrey Pines Gliderport.
Join the Obscura Society LA and Field Agent Robert Hemedes on a journey to La Jolla, one of San Diego's most beautiful areas for a morning of falconry. Lessons will be led by instructors from Sky Falconry, whose mission is to educate the public about falconry, raptor biology, and conservation. Instructors will guide you through a session where you'll learn to hold a Harris's Hawk, cast it from your glove, and call it back again. You'll also learn about the history of falconry, the role of raptors in their natural environment, and conservation efforts.
ADDITIONAL LESSON ADDED! Register below for the 7:45 am lesson or observation.
Notes for this adventure:
- There are two types of tickets for this event:
- Falconry Lesson: $100 (limited to 12 people, 90 minute lesson)
- Observation: $50 (Attend as observer and take photographs. Tickets are limited to keep the event as intimate as possible for those enrolled in the falconry course.)
- This event takes place in La Jolla, approximately 150 miles from DTLA. Please plan accordingly for on time arrival.
- This event is family friendly, ages 10+
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes with firm gripping. High heels, sandals, and flip flops are not allowed.
- Sun protection is encouraged!
- Photography and video are encouraged!
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance ticket sales only. All sales are final.