What do NASA and the occult have in common? Jack Parsons.
Join us for a tour of the Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL) followed by a hike to the Devil’s Gate. Highlights of the JPL tour include: 1) the Space Flight Operations Facility which serves as “ground control” for data communications to all deep space missions, 2) the Spacecraft Assembly Facility where they assemble and test JPL-built mission hardware like the Mars rovers and Voyager spacecrafts, and 3) the von Kármán Museum.
Afterwards, we'll caravan less than a mile to the Hahamongna Watershed Park and take a short hike through the Arroyo Seco to the Devil’s Gate. Famed occultist and co-founder of JPL, Jack Parsons, allegedly believed this gorge was one of the seven portals to Hell. We will explore the area and discuss the history.
TICKET SALES CLOSE ON JULY 3RD (JPL ROSTER DUE AT THIS TIME). PLEASE ACT NOW.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the LA Obscura Society newsletter and be the first to find out about upcoming events.
Notes for this adventure:
- All US citizens 18 years of age or older visiting JPL MUST present official, government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport, before being allowed entry.
- Federal security requirements insist that we provide a roster ONE MONTH before the tour. We require the full name and country of citizenship for all adults, and full name for those under the age of 18. Anyone not on our approved roster will not be allowed on to the facility. *Note: Substituting roster names the day of the tour is not allowed*
- All non-US citizens (Foreign Nationals) 18 years of age or older MUST present either a passport or resident visa (green card) before being allowed entry. Individuals without the appropriate identification will NOT be admitted to the facility.
- The tour includes considerable walking and stair climbing. Wheelchairs can be accommodated with prior notice.
- Cameras are allowed on the tour.
- The JPL tour will be from 1 - 3:30 pm and Devil's Gate from 4 - 5:30 pm.
- Wear comfortable shoes, i.e., sneakers or hiking boots for the hike to Devil’s Gate.
- Bring water.
- This event occurs on a weekday – specifically on a Thursday afternoon.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance ticket sales only. All sales are final.