Drawn by the warm waters of local power plants, a colony of sea turtles has taken up residence at the mouth of the San Gabriel River.
Join the Obscura Society LA and Field Agent Robert Hemedes on a guided tour of the Los Cerritos Wetlands. Led by local biologists from the environmental consulting group, Tidal Influence, we'll search for sea turtles while learning more about this special eco-system. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the the Los Cerritos Wetlands Land Trust.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the LA Obscura Society newsletter and be the first to find out about upcoming events.
Notes for this adventure:
- There is no guarantee that we will find sea turtles during this event. They are wild animals with unpredictable behavior. That said, the odds are pretty good.
- You cannot leave early from this event. We will be accompanied at all times by our guides and will be traversing access points that are normally closed to the public.
- There are no restroom facilities available during the hike, so make sure you visit nearby shopping centers or restaurants to use the restroom before the 1 PM meet up time.
- Directions will be emailed to participants the week of the tour.
- This event is family friendly, ages 10+
- This hike is over two miles round trip. Please wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes with firm gripping. High heels, sandals, and flip flops are not allowed.
- Water and sun protection are encouraged!
- Photography and video are encouraged!
- Bring binoculars, if you have them. We will observe several types of wildlife.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance ticket sales only. All sales are final.