Drawn by the warm waters of local power plants, a colony of sea turtles has taken up residence at the mouth of the San Gabriel River.
Join Field Agent Erin Johnson on a guided tour of the Los Cerritos Wetlands. Led by local biologists from the environmental consulting group, Tidal Influence, we'll search for sea turtles while learning more about this special eco-system. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the the Los Cerritos Wetlands Land Trust.
Notes for this adventure:
- There is no guarantee that we will find sea turtles during this event. They are wild animals with unpredictable behavior. That said, the odds are pretty good.
- You cannot leave early from this event. We will be accompanied at all times by our guides and will be traversing access points that are normally closed to the public.
- There are no restroom facilities available during the hike, so make sure you visit nearby shopping centers or restaurants to use the restroom before the 10 am meet up time.
- Directions will be emailed to participants the week of the tour.
- This event is family friendly, ages 10+
- This hike is over two miles round trip. Please wear sturdy, closed-toed shoes with firm gripping. High heels, sandals, and flip flops are not allowed.
- Water and sun protection are encouraged!
- Photography and video are encouraged!
- Bring binoculars, if you have them. We will observe several types of wildlife.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance ticket sales only. All sales are final.