Join Field Agent Robert Hemedes for an immersive sonic experience inside the Integratron, a parabolic dome-shaped structure in the Mojave desert.
The Integratron was purchased in 2000 by two sisters, Nancy and Joanne Karl, who have been exploring the building's sonic rejuvenating capabilities through their popular "sound baths." During 30-minute long sound baths, the Karl sisters play seven musical notes on quartz crystal singing bowls, with each note devoted to the major energy centers - or chakras - of the body.
The bowls are created by crushing and heating 99.99% pure quartz to 4000 degrees Fahrenheit and spinning it in a centrifugal mold. The purity of sound from the bowls, coupled with the acoustics of the all-wood paraboloid, is said to have "alternative" healing powers. The building is considered to be the only "all-wood, acoustically perfect sound chamber in the U.S." and attracts thousands of visitors annually.
The Integratron was built by aeronautical engineer and ufologist George Van Tassel, who created the dome after allegedly receiving instructions from extraterrestrials from Venus known as "The Council of Seven Lights." During this UFO encounter, Van Tassel claims that he was invited aboard a Venusian spaceship and given explicit instructions on how to create a machine that could rejuvenate living cell tissues. Discover more about the Integratron's fascinating history here!
Discover other curious wonders of the Mojave! Post-rejuvenation, join Field Agent Robert Hemedes for an informal caravan through the desert. Possible stops on the itinerary *could* include Giant Rock of Landers, the Crystal Cave at Sky Village Swap Meet, the Crochet Museum, and the Beauty Bubble Salon.
Notes for this adventure:
- This event takes place in Landers, CA which is over 140 miles from Los Angeles (approximately 2 1/2 hours away). It is highly encouraged that you get overnight lodging near Landers in the Twentynine Palms area. Perhaps at Hicksville Trailer Palace?
- Out of respect for the quality of everyone’s experience, we ask that no children under 12 years old attend the Sound Bath.
- Pets are not allowed on the Integratron property, with the exception of certified service dogs. Please do not bring your pet.
- Mats, blankets, and pillows for the Sound Bath will be provided.
- Plan to arrive promptly at 10:30 AM. This will give you time to explore the property and building before the Sound Bath session begins.
- A liability waiver is required for this event.
Advance ticket sales only. All sales are final.