Take your palate on an adventure across the Mediterranean—where French, Arabic, Moorish, and Roman influences abound.
Join the Los Angeles Obscura Society on a dining excursion to North Africa via Southern California at the sole Tunisian restaurant in Los Angeles, Moun of Tunis, whose chef is a native-born Tunisian himself. The restaurant has been serving up authentic Tunisian delicacies from their historic Hollywood location for nearly 40 years.
Tunisia played a fascinating role in the Roman Empire (and its fall), and it's been home to a string of cultures ranging from the Berbers to the Phoenicians, the Vandals, the Byzantines, and the Muslims.
We'll sit together surrounded by gold inlaid desert scenes and traditional arches, while we enjoy traditional Tunisian dishes like brik, boulettes (meatballs), brochette (skewers), and couscous. We'll also have our choice of other traditional North African delights, including Moroccan b'stilla and merguez (plus plenty of vegetarian options).
For some, the real draw isn't so much the food, but the entertainment—so we'll even get to enjoy an intimate performance by one of the restaurant's resident bellydancers, who'll shimmy throughout the evening.
Our dinner takes place on the anniversary of Tunisian Independence from France, and our very own Field Agent Sandi traveled to North Africa in 2008 and 2010, before the most recent revolution. But you don't have to know anything about Middle Eastern politics or Arabic culture to join in on the conversation.
Just bring an open mind...and an empty stomach.
Notes for this adventure
- 21 and over only
- Capacity is limited to keep this an intimate affair, and so we can all sit together
- Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian prix fixe options available (must choose an option upon ticket purchase). All meat is Halal, and dairy-free options are available.
- Ticket price includes tax and gratuity for food orders only.
- Wine and beer offered for additional purchase (plus tax and gratuity)
- Dress is casual
- Complimentary onsite parking, or easy Sunday night street parking
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final.