What WAS it?
From 2008 to 2011, a mystifying group was operating in San Francisco. It started as enigmatic fliers posted on telephone poles and walls. Strange clues emerged for those with eyes open to them. Its name spread like wildfire throughout the city and traveled across the country with articles appearing in publications from 7X7 Magazine to the New York Times. Description was elusive. Its source even more mysterious. Everyone at the time wanted to know:
What and who are The Jejune Institute?
Local film maker Spencer McCall knows.
The San Francisco Obscura Society is delighted to host a very special evening with Mr. McCall in the comfort of the overstuffed armchairs at the gorgeous Dolby Laboratories Screening Room. We will have the opportunity to not only view this captivating film, but speak afterwards with some of the people who made it and The Jejune Institute itself possible. After the panel discussion, we will adjourn to the lobby for light refreshments.
Whether you are familiar with the film and the Jejune Institute already or not, this event is not to be missed. Come experience Nonchalance with us.
- Date: March 27, 2014 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Doors at 6:00, the film will start promptly at 6:30. Please arrive early.
- On street parking is available. There is no designated parking.
- All guests will be required to check in with security. Please have your I.D. They will direct you upstairs.
- This building is fully accessibly to those with mobility issues.
- Ages 21+