Hosted by Atlas Obscura Society Denver, guest speaker Dylan Owens will talk about his time as a music journalist, something his mom and drunk friends have respectively called "a very cool job" and "awesome." Between awkwardly back peddling out of a phone call with Ozzy Osbourne and paddle boarding with the frontsman of a favorite band, he mostly agrees. But he'd also like to talk about the other side—the long nights, the difficulty of publicly critiquing good people, the ringing in your ears, and the general creeping disillusionment that comes with realizing "Almost Famous" lied to you...a lot.
If time runs long, he has a story about nearly getting beat up by a New Zealand rugby team that doesn't have to do with anything. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
About Dylan Owens
Dylan Owens is a former baby model and current arts journalist for Rolling Stone, The Denver Post, and others. He was the music editor of The Denver Post until April, when he stepped down amid an historic layoff brought on by the paper's hedge fund owner, Alden Global Capital.
RSVPs for the event are free, but a ticket must be purchased per person for the limited edition beer. This beer will only be available the night of the presentation! Don't miss out!
- RSVPs for the presentation are free, but do not include the specialty beer.
- Guests with beer tickets will receive a one night only limited-release beer with a a valid 21+ ID.
- Seating is not guaranteed and is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Email james.oneill@ with any questions.
- This event is in partnership with the Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project. Check out forthcoming speakers and learn more at
Email James O'Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Check out our other events; join our Facebook Group for discussions, photos, and likeminded adventurers; subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Free event. Everyone welcome. Bring your friends. Make some new ones.