Please note: Portrait sessions with Karen Jerzyk at The Oddities Flea Market have sold out.
Professional photographer Karen Jerzyk has made a name for herself with her iconic set design and haunting imagery. Atlas Obscura, The Oddities Flea Market, and Karen herself are joining up to offer you this once-in-a-lifetime chance to step inside one of her ethereal worlds and capture a custom piece of artwork, starring yourself.
In a private portrait session with renowned professional photographer Karen Jerzyk, guests will have the opportunity to pose within a surreal dreamscape handcrafted by the artist exclusively for attendees of the Oddities Flea Market. Inside Karen's handcrafted portrait box will be a never-before-seen scene, as well as a variety of unusual props provided by our featured vendors, including antiques from the personal collection of curator Ryan Matthew Cohn.
Book your session in advance for this special chance to have your image captured in the striking style of Karen Jerzyk. Photographs will be expertly edited and printed, ensuring that you'll have a stunning photograph like no other to add to your collection of curios.
Admission Into The Market
The portrait price does not include entry into the market, and General Admission will need to be purchased separately for anyone over the age of 10.
Portrait sessions from 11am-12pm: Those who are sitting for a portrait during the "VIP" session have a $30 VIP entry tickets included in their costs. Visit here for more information about VIP admission from 10 am -12 pm.
Portrait sessions from 12pm-5pm: General Admission will need to be purchased separately for $10, either at the door or online. Visit here for Saturday General Admission pre-sale and Sunday General Admission pre-sale, which allow for entry to the market from 12 pm - 6 pm.
- Your ticket includes one 20 minute timed session, one 8x12 print, and a digital print.
- Due to set space constraints, sessions are limited to individuals or groups of 2. Families with small children may be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
- Photography sessions will be staged on the 3rd floor of the venue, which is accessed exclusively by stairway and not ADA compliant.
- While the set itself will not be revealed prior to the Oddities Flea Market, the atmosphere and recommended attire will be shared in an email no less than one week prior to the event.
- Edited prints will be mailed to purchasers within 3 weeks of the photoshoot.
Email Larissa Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society New York newsletter