Discover what it takes to become a Master Falconer and experience holding a live bird of prey.
Join Obscura Society D.C. and Field Agent Fiona Clem in Southwest D.C. for a hands-on experience with Rodney Stotts and his flock of raptors. Rodney Stotts is a Master Falconer who works with the Earth Conservation Corps, an organization devoted to the conservation and research of the Anacostia River.
Watch a falcon feeding and be awed by a hawk. Come face-to-face with a Eurasian Eagle-owl. This unique opportunity will allow you to meet and interact with some of the hunters of the sky.
This event will be held at the Matthew Henson Earth Conservation Center, located near the (new) D.C. United Stadium on the Anacostia River.
- This event is limited attendance due to its intimate nature.
- The Matthew Henson Earth Conservation Center is located near Nationals Park. The closest metro is Navy Yard/Nationals Park, and is about a mile walk.
- Street parking is available, but limited.
- This event will happen rain or shine.
- This event is kid-friendly!
Contact Fiona Clem at email@example.com.
Add wonder to your inbox! Sign up for Atlas Obscura newsletters and join our Atlas Obscura Society D.C. Facebook group to discover unexpected stories, amazing places, and remarkable events and trips around the world.
Advance tickets only. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.