Victorian grandeur, fortunes amassed and lost in an instant, unsolved crimes, condemnation, mysterious architectural additions, and a miraculous recovery. John Mouat, the Lumber Baron himself, couldn't have predicted the riches-to-ruin-to-redemption destiny of his crown jewel.
Join us as we explore the hidden history of this enigmatic Denver gem with owner Joel Bryant. Joel will will walk us through space and time, sharing stories about the Inn's intriguing architecture, pockmarked past, and hopeful future. After a brief tour, Joel will elaborate while we all enjoy the Lumber Baron Inn's celebrated tea service.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in. The tour will start promptly at 2 p.m.
- Meet Joseph in the back garden for check in.
- Please purchase tickets at least 72 hours in advance if possible; Joel needs time to prepare us a warm welcome!
- Feel free to bring a notebook and camera—and anything else you might need to make the most of this urban exploration.
- Suitable for ages 12+; some mature themes might be discussed. Parental discretion advised.
- Guests will be served a selection of tea and crumpets. Guests with allergies should use their discretion.
- This old home may not be entirely accessible for some guests. If you have concerns with accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.