You don't have to audition to get this kind of screen time.
The Print Lab cranks out custom garments galore for rock bands, fashion brands, celebrities, athletes, and more. But you'd never know it, looking at its North Hollywood warehouse—which is adorned with a cutting-edge street art and has a rescued Arby's sign by the front door.
Join Field Agent Benjamin Harmon as we tour this state-of-the-art, fully automated facility while it's in full swing. We'll get to walk through the entire process ourselves—from the initial design to screen burning, inking, and drying—so you can receive your very own custom t-shirt, designed exclusively for the Atlas Obscura Society for this event.
When you visit, you'll soon find out that this isn't just a screen-printing shop. It's also somewhat of a "halfway house" for rescued roadside relics, like neon signs and a car shaped like a shoe. Print Lab owner, Tommy Gelinas, is also the curator and founder of the Valley Relics Museum, a vast collection of artifacts and ephemera from matchbooks and postcards to vintage neon signs and cars. Since his Museum has reached capacity, his newest acquisitions often end up at the Print Lab for safe storage.
You never know what Valley treasures you might find hiding out at the Print Lab!
- Limited free parking on the street or along the side of the building. Carpool if you can!
- This event is for adults only, 18 and up.
- We will be entering an active manufacturing facility with working machinery, wet inks, and lots of sounds and smells. Please wear close-toed shoes, leave all bulky bags and other items at home or in your car, and keep your hands to yourself! Earplugs are encouraged.
- Be prepared for 2 hours of standing and walking (though we're not traveling any great distances)
- All attendees will receive a custom-printed t-shirt (a $35 value, included in your ticket price). You will be asked to provide your shirt size upon ticket purchase.
- Bring your cameras—photography encouraged!
- A signed liability waiver will be required from all attendees
Email Benjamin Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance Tickets Only. All Sales Final. No Refunds or Exchanges.