Jim wanted something different, so he strapped on his hiking boots and started walking: 2,181 miles in fact...without stopping.
Some fast facts about the AT:
1) The Appalachian Trail extends from Springer Mountain in Georgia to Mount Katahdin in Maine and is the longest continuously marked footpath in the world.
2) No one uses their real name on the trail, you choose - or are given - a trail name.
3) Trail magic is real. It takes many forms. Sometimes, people will leave cold beers and snacks at trail crossings for thru-hikers, or they’ll pick hikers up on the road and take them home for a few days of rest and food.
Join Jim for 25% off beers and stories from the longest walk in the world.
- Guests with tickets will receive 25% off drinks at Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project. Please bring a valid ID and your ticket. Seating is not guaranteed and is available on a first-come first-served basis.
- This is our sixth event in partnership with the Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project. To check forthcoming speakers or to see more information, go to / and
- Email james.oneill@ with any questions.
Stay connected! Subscribe to the Atlas Obscura Society Denver Newsletter for a first glimpse at upcoming events.
Join our Facebook Group for discussions, adventures, exclusive promotions, and more!